If you are planning to buy a Recreational Vehicle (RV) in the Laguna Hills, CA area, you may not be clear on how RV insurance coverage may be different from other types of insurance. An RV can include camper vans, bus conversions, and a range of motorhomes. We at Friant Insurance Agency want you to understand RV insurance. Here are the basic facts:
- RV’s fall into different classes – A, B, or C, and the class of RV will play a role in your RV insurance coverage. Class relates to the RV size, with A being the largest model, B the smallest, and C includes fifth wheels and other alternative campers.
- RV insurance coverage will depend on the class, the amount of use, if it’s a full-time residence, and more.
- Coverage is much like auto insurance – including collision, comprehensive coverage, and liability. Additional coverage can include protection for personal belongings, equipment, attached accessories like awnings or satellite dishes. It may provide total loss replacement, campsite and vacation coverage, emergency expenses, uninsured, underinsured, and full-time residence coverage needs.
- RV insurance protects you from financial losses in the event you are found at fault in an accident, and it can limit the amount of out of pocket expense you pay for with a roadside breakdown. It can also help you if you collide with another driver that is underinsured or uninsured. It can also compensate you if the RV is stolen or damaged.
- Like other vehicles and trailers, RV insurance is required in every state. How much you need beyond the minimum required liability can vary depending on your unique situation.
Friant Insurance Agency
We provide insurance to those in the Laguna Hills, CA area and beyond. Contact a professional and friendly Friant insurance agent today to discuss your RV insurance needs.